Thursday, February 18, 2010

All of a sudden I find myself editing things. In any given week I will edit at least one piece of writing but often times more. These may include: books, chapbooks, elementary school newspapers, poetry, essays or my own writing. When I say find, I mean that particularly because I do feel like editing just showed up in my life one day and decided to hang out for a while, rather than its presence in my life existing because of a slow accrual of engagement, on my part, over time. It's as shocking as looking to my left and seeing someone I'm in love with sitting next to me on my couch or looking to my right and seeing a gaggle of talented, thrilling, creative people that I can and do call friends milling around. Where did you all come from? How did this happen? What else can happen if this has already happened?

No comments: