Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I think it's happening





























La Bamba:  The Ritchie Valens Story

I've been reminded that this is a terrible movie, thank you Jessica (!), and will avoid watching it until after the project is well underway.  Much the same situation with Overboard, except that Overboard is actually quality entertainment, at least the first half.

In the meantime, I have compiled these songs for inspiration and part of the process will involve my listening to them on repeat.  I have begun my research.  
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here.  Maybe I shouldn't be telling you this.  Maybe this is me kicking myself in the pants.  Maybe this is me shooting myself in the foot.  Maybe I should be finishing the 4-5 other projects hovering in various stages of completion.  Maybe this is me jumping off.  Maybe this is me kicking off the summer.  Maybe I'm being too forthcoming.  Maybe I'm being unprofessional.  Maybe you've been wondering, "What's up with Lindsey, anyway?" Maybe you haven't at all or maybe you know quite well.  Maybe I've been wondering that too (yes, duh).

It is nearly time to turn to the insides, where the goods live, and the bads too.  That is where the kid language lives and talks to Ritchie, Donna and Bob and that is where I will have to go.

At any rate, in any case, this is happening, whatever it is and I better go with it.  La Bamba will save me just like Overboard saved me, just like Ponies saved me, just like Titties saved me just like all the many other ones.

Everything is going to be okay.  

3 comments:

Kasey Mohammad said...

Overboard rules!

1 said...

oh you're welcome.
yeah, so, whatever you do don't fucking watch the movie before you write this fucker. but fucking WRITE IT.
and think about this:
the brother in his crappy trailer, copying looney toons cartoons and getting fucking drunk because his mom doesn't care that he won that fucking contest, HE WON, because Richie the golden boy is gonna be a rock star.
do it for Bob, Linds.

Ridiculous Human Things said...

Jess, Bob was always my favorite.