Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Crud

*Dear readers, I want you to know that I have not forgotten you. I am working on my story of the week, just for you, right now, it is in the window behind this one. It is, however, sprawling out of control. The truth is, I do not know how to end stories. I do not know how to shape them. When I began college, I thought I wanted to be a fiction writer, but I had no follow-through with plot and no interest in character development. Now, I find myself interested in every detail of my story, because it came from my own life, but with no hooks to hang its many hats on. It has a kernal nugget, and am trying to surround it in interesting padding, but the padding is getting out of hand.

Do I include the part about the waiter I hit on?
Do I give away the ending that exists outside the confines of the story?
Do I attempt dialog?

Eh, I apologize. I'm processing on you. I am not currently in therapy. I apologize.

Love,
Lindsey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.