Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lost and Found

I thought I lost my nasal piercing retainer in my sinus this afternoon. I blew and blew and thought, "Am I going to have to go to the emergency room for this?" I was reminded of the time I stuffed a cherry pit up my nose when I was four. Honestly, I don't remember this happening but it is a popular story in my family because of all of the hoopla that resulted from this choice of mine. We were on a sailboat at the time and had to find a port, moor the boat and find a doctor. Once at the doctor's office, sitting on the exam table, I sneezed and out came the cherry pit in a gob of snot. I have to say that if it weren't for this story today I might have thought, "It's probably okay up there. It'll work it's way down." but with this previous story setting a precedent of action, I was truly prepared to call my health clinic and admit to losing my nasal piercing in my own body. Thankfully, the nasal piercing retainer had only fallen onto the couch and I only had to tell you all about it, instead of some unfamiliar medical personnel.

2 comments:

C-Boldt said...

I was there!

punchline:
And Dad brought the ER docs a big bowl of cherries the next day.

Ridiculous Human Things said...

Oh, snap! I forgot about that. Dad really had a sense of narrative, didn't he?