Monday, August 25, 2008

Big Ups to Maxwell

Thank you, Maxwell for your excellent reportage!  I would please welcome all of you who participated in KSW's Positions Colloquium to continue the conversation here if you feel the inclination, are currently without blog or feel like responding directly to Mr. Heller.  

For myself, I have nothing interesting to say.  I just finished herding 16 4th graders for 3 hours.  I'm going to have a beer and stare at the wall for a bit.  

Goodnight and thank you again, Maxwell Dearheart.

love,

Lindsey


4 comments:

mark wallace said...

You know what? You're doing the same thing I do after herding college students. At times like that, the wall is really zen.

Ridiculous Human Things said...

Boy, I don't know how many times I said the words "quiet", "please" and "walk" today. I'm really not used to constructing sentences in the imperative. I much more of a cojoler. I usually take the surfer approach and inject commands with the words like "dude", "totally" and "awesome" but it doesn't seem to work as well with littler ones. Any advice on becoming an authority figure?

mark wallace said...

Sure.

Be white, male, six foot one, and 190 pounds.

Oh wait, that's just my approach.

But seriously, I'd be glad to have a conversation about the problem any time. I think it's basically a matter of having inner confidence and projecting it outward, or faking it and projecting it outward anyway.

Ridiculous Human Things said...

Mark, I don't think I have your email address. I think you gave it to me and I quickly lost that slip of paper. I feel awkward putting this in a comment box but...would you mind sending it to me via email if you feel comfortable with that? My email address is lindsbo@gmail.com.